What is My Health Record?
My Health Record is the name of the national digital health record system. Having a My Health Record means your important health information including allergies, medical conditions and treatments, medicine details, test or scan reports can be digitally stored in one place.
This information can be easily and quickly accessed by participating healthcare providers when needed for your ongoing healthcare.
Northern Health is preparing to participate in the My Health Record system
Northern Health clinicians will soon be able to access your My Health Record.
In addition to being able to view your record, all Northern Health inpatient eDischarge summaries will be uploaded to your My Health Record by the end of 2019 (if a record exists).
Northern Health is also working towards uploading Pathology results.
You have the right to remove or control who can see your uploaded patient information by logging into your My Health Record and changing access controls.
Will My Health Record be useful for me?
My Health Record can help you by:
- Keeping track of your own health history
- Enabling authorised healthcare professionals to view your key health summary so you don’t have to repeat it or worry about forgetting important information, like medications
- Helping you and your healthcare providers to better manage complex or chronic conditions
- You can customise access to your My Health Record by setting access controls including restricting who can see your information, or cancel your record, at any time
- Visit the My Health Record website
- Call the Help Line on 1800 723 471
- Visit a Medicare Service Centre