The Disability Liaison Officer (DLO) at Northern Health are health professionals passionate about reducing the barriers for people with disability to accessing health services. We support people with a disability, their families and carers to utilise hospital services and access the support, care and treatment they need.
What DLO’s do:
- Access COVID-19 screening, vaccination and treatment for people with disability, their families and carers
- Can support you and your healthcare team to access safe, accessible and more inclusive care during your hospital stay, when attending outpatient appointments or preparing for surgery.
- Can provide you with any information you need, including connecting you with other health and human services.
- Assist links across all services and/or programs across Northern Health and other usual health services.
- Ensuring inclusive care for all with a disability from LGBTIQA+, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and from a CALD background
- Work with your healthcare team to ensure your hospital stay or outpatient clinic appointment is safe, accessible and inclusive
- Consultation, advice and assist links with NDIS
- A central point of contact for a person with a disability, their families and carers as well as staff to report concerns
Our Disability Action Plan 2018-22
Contact: Monday-Friday 8-5pm
Phone: Simone – 0400 971 396 or Maria – 0486 027 974