Northern Health is the major provider of acute, maternity, sub-acute and specialist services in Melbourne’s rapidly growing outer north.
Services are provided through our four main campuses:
Northern Hospital Epping, Broadmeadows Hospital, Bundoora Centre and Craigieburn Centre.
Our emergency department treats over 107,000 patients each year, cares for over 94,000 patients admitted to hospital, and assists with the delivery of over 4,000 babies each year.
The Northern Health catchment includes three of the state’s six growth areas: Hume, Whittlesea and Mitchell. The swift development of new suburbs in the north will see our population grow by 17% (69,000 people) in the next five years alone, and by over 58% (more than 228,000 people) by 2031.
Northern Health cares for a diverse community, born in more than 185 countries, who speak over 106 different languages and follow over 90 different religions or beliefs.
Northern Health has over 5,300 dedicated professional staff and has annual revenue turnover of over $500 million.
Outstanding health care for our community.
At Northern Health we are committed to the wellbeing of the people of Melbourne’s North. We draw upon the richness, knowledge and strength of northern communities as we partner with them in their care.
- Passionate – we care
- Dedicated – we are focused
- Progressive – we look to improve
- Collaborative – we are a team
- Partnership – we collaborate.
Our strategic goals
- Patient First – Our patients’ expectations are exceeded because we partner with them to deliver innovative and accessible care.
- Quality and Safety – We pursue the highest quality outcomes of care.
- Our People – Passionate and capable people have great careers and provide outstanding health care.
- Sustainability – We eliminate unnecessary processes and costs to ensure long-term viability and sustainability.