There are many reasons why Melbourne is touted as one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a vibrant arts and music scene, incredible restaurants and a never-ending array of museums, galleries, gardens and beaches, Melbourne truly has it all.
Along with the rich culture, you will also experience a typical Aussie lifestyle, with endless ideas and activities to make the most out of the enviable work life balance Northern Health provides.
Here’s just a few reasons why Melbourne is so popular for overseas applicants:
- Melbourne was voted Australia’s most liveable city by the Global Liveability Index 2022.
- Melbourne’s laneway culture is diverse, waiting for you to discover ‘hidden’ shopping arcades, musicians and live music, cafes – not to mention festivals.
- People come for the coffee! Here are just a few examples.
- Melbourne is Australia’s cultural capital overflowing with creativity and a universal love of the arts – just a few of our attractions include the National Gallery of Victoria and the Australian Centre for the Moving Image as well as the Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- Melbourne also boasts breathtaking beauty and landscapes such as St Kilda Beach, the Grampians and the Great Ocean Road, so whether it’s a swim, a hike, a bike ride or some time away from the hustle and bustle of it all – Melbourne has you covered.
Outside of the Melbourne CBD, a range of exciting, dynamic suburbs in the North are waiting to be discovered such as Fitzroy and Carlton, just two of the many suburbs in the North that boast a bohemian reputation with an eclectic range of bars, restaurants and cafes, not to mention some amazing street art.
Melbourne is an exciting place to live with a diverse range of housing options ranging from units, townhouses and full family homes. There are many exciting suburbs to live which are in close proximity to Northern Health sites.
From Brunswick to Reservoir, St Kilda to Essendon, you are sure to find a neighbourhood that fits your vibe.
The following property search engines are a great starting point to start looking for your next home on your Aussie adventure.
Would you like more information on the median sale price for houses and units in the areas we have listed above? Or would you just like an idea of what the median weekly rent is in that suburb compared to metro Melbourne as a whole? – take a look at the Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV)
Applying for a role
For Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Northern Health, click here.
For more information on Medical career opportunities at Northern Health, click here.
For any other healthcare opportunity at Northern Health, click here.