Home Care Packages: How to raise any concerns

If you have a concern about the care you or someone else is receiving through a Home Care Package, it is important that you talk about it. If you like, you can have a family member, friend, carer or an aged care advocate with you when you meet to discuss any concerns.

Firstly, we encourage you to raise and discuss any concerns with your Case Manager.

If you feel this is not possible, we also encourage you to contact the NHHCP Program Manager on ph: 9495 3219 or to contact the Northern Health Patient Experience Office on 8405 2457.

If you do not feel comfortable raising your concerns directly with Northern Health, or if Northern Health is unable to satisfactorily resolve your issue, you have the right to contact the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission . This is a free service.

How do I contact the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission?

Phone: 1800 951 822

Email:    info@agedcarequality.gov.au

Postal: Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission

GPO Box 9819