What to expect?
When you declare you have Private Health Insurance, one of our friendly and helpful Patient Liaison Officers will meet with you to ensure that you are fully covered for your admission to Northern Health, answer any queries you may have and ensure that all documentation pertaining to your stay is completed.
Why should I use my Private Health Insurance?
You pay for your Private Health Insurance and are entitled to use it to be treated as a private patient for any hospital admission.
We appreciate and welcome you using your Private Health Insurance at Northern Health, as we strive to work hard to deliver quality health services to meet the increasing demands of a growing community and implement a range of programs designed to improve access to quality care.
By using your Private Health Insurance, you are actually helping Northern Health create a healthier northern community.
What are the benefits to me as a private patient at Northern Health?
- No out of pocket costs
- Northern Health will waive your hospital excess
- Free television including Foxtel
- The option of a single room (subject to availability)
- The ability to choose a Northern Health specialist to treat you, providing the consultant agrees to accept you as a private patient
- Continuity of care throughout your hospital stay by the specialist, their medical team and with other consultants your specialist may choose to assist in your care
- Your aftercare will be continued in our Northern Health Oupatient clinic's or your specialists private consulting rooms if suitable; or you will be referred to your local genral practitioner.
What does my Private Health Insurance cover?
- Your hospital accomodation
- Specialist and surgical costs
- Anaesthetic costs
- Pathology and medical imaging costs
If you are unsure about your level of cover or whether you are fully covered, our friendly patient liaison officers can clarify this with you prior to any decisions made.
What is not covered by my Private Health Insurance?
- Associated charges related to discharge medication and/or aids and appliances.
These charges are applicable regardless of whether you are a public or private patient.