Standard 8-Preventing & Managing Pressure Injuries
Stop Pressure Injuries
A pressure injury may also be known as a bedsore. It involves an area of skin and may also affect the muscle and bone.
Anyone is at risk of a pressure injury!
What you can do:
- Keep moving! Change your sitting and lying position as much as possible.
- Keep weight off bony parts of your body e.g. heels, tail bone.
- Don’t lie on a sore if you already have one.
- Keep skin clean and moisturise skin to prevent flaking.
- Let staff know if you need help.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet (including fruit and vegetables)
- Talk to a member of your treating team if you notice any areas of your skin showing changes or areas you are concerned about.