Standard 5 - Patient ID and Procedure Matching
We need to know who you are!
- Your identification helps us give you the right care.
- Always wear an identification band on your wrist and/ or leg.
- Make sure the information on this band is correct.
- Staff members should check your identification before giving you medication or before you undergo any tests or procedures.
You need to know who we are!
- Ask who your nurse is for each shift.
- All staff should be wearing an identification badge.
- If you are not sure who someone is, please ask.