Northern Health is the major provider of acute, sub-acute and ambulatory specialist services in Melbourne's north. Across our campuses we provide a range of primary, secondary and some tertiary health care services. Our emergency department treats over 85,000 patients each year and we deliver over 3,580 babies yearly.
The Northern Health catchment includes three of the state's six growth areas: Hume, Whittlesea and Mitchell, and the northern growth corridor population is projected to grow by 59 per cent between 2016 and 2031.
Outstanding healthcare for our community.
At Northern Health we are committed to the wellbeing of the people of Melbourne's North. We draw upon the richness, knowledge and strength of northern communities as we partner with them in their care.
• Passionate – we care
• Dedicated – we are focused
• Progressive – we look to improve
• Collaborative – we are a team
• Partnership – we collaborate
Our strategic goals
• Patient First – Our patients' expectations are exceeded because we partner with them to deliver innovative and accessible care.
• Quality and Safety – We pursue the highest quality outcomes of care.
• Our People – Passionate and capable people have great careers and provide outstanding health care.
• Sustainability – We eliminate unnecessary processes and costs to ensure long-term viability and sustainability.
Click here to download our 2016-19 Strategic Plan